If there is one thing to know about me it’s that if coffee is ever involved I am most likely involved as well. I swear coffee is it’s own food group in my world.
Besides from the obvious energy purposes, coffee really is an overlooked super food. It is rich in antioxidants, helps keep you less stressed plus it’s great for your liver!
With the Christmas being around the corner… like literally in five days I can use all the energy + health perks I can get!
And of course I got to keep it Christmasy (is that a word) and what screams the holidays more than peppermint fudge?? Mocha peppermint fudge that’s what.
With only six ingredients and less than 10 minutes to put together I can honestly say this is one of the easiest recipes I have made. These are literally the perfect snack to put a little pep in your step and help check off that holiday check list.
- 2.5 cups of cacao chips
- 2 tbsp of coffee granules
- 1/2 cup of full fat canned coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp of peppermint extract
- 4 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 candy cane crushed (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute increments until fully melted (around 3 minutes).
- Pour the combination into the pan. Top with crush candy canes.
- Refrigerate fudge for two hours or until firm.
- Remove fudge from pan and slice into squares.